So big thanks to Young, Black and DL for the recognition!
When I began this blog, I was innocent, pure, uncorrupted. After several book review posts, I was contacted by L.M. Ross and Frederick Smith. Initially, I was deeply concerned because I had written some "not-so-nice" things in reference to their novels and was worried that I had offended them. Consequently, I learned that I had to remain true to myself and write from my heart and soul.
As The Voice would say, "Life's too short to be worried about what other people think."
After that, there's nothing else to add. So here are the rules:
1.) When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
2.) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
3.) Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were nominated as an 'Honest Weblog.'
4.) Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you gave the prize (optional).
5.) And then pass it on!
Now I've seen other bloggers with this award, and some I have included an additional 6th rule ...
6.) Write 10 honest things about yourself (optional).
Okay, my obvious top choice for honest blogging is Young, Black and DL (Young, Black, and Downlow) since he's consistently keeping it real. His stories / adventures are highly interesting and snap me out of my reality for a little while. While I don't always agree with his ways, I respect him for his honesty.
My choices for bloggers who have brilliant content and design (and honesty) are as follows:
- Fuzzy (I wonder ...)
- shawnqt (//dreams in a fitted//)
- Cash S (Finally Seeing G)
- deonte'k (Deonte' K's Spot)
- Xem VanAdams-Lumumba (*Emerald Eye Entertainment*)
- KR (BPS 2.0)
While Young, Black and DL didn't do the 10 honest things about himself, I am going to step out on the runway and strut my stuff!
1. I am extremely introverted and self-conscious (click here for more).
2. I'm a crossword fanatic (surprised I didn't get fired from work after all the puzzles I did).
3. I actually want to visit Ireland some day (yeah, I know, black people don't usually say that!)
4. Since Young, Black and DL blew up my spot, I was celibate for over three years (obviously, not anymore).
5. I'm a huge mythology buff and even crafted a make-believe television series (e.g. Buffy, Angel, Charmed) during my free-time.
6. I can be massively arrogant from time to time.
7. I occasionally find some women sexually attractive even though I consider myself SGL and haven't dated a woman since 2001.
8. I hardly ever finish anything I start (MANY unfinished projects lying around the house!)
9. I'm a major procrastinator.
10. As much love as I have for my people(s), I sometimes get embarrassed by black (and SGL) people.
Damn, that was hard! I really had to dig deep and let me tell you, being honest with yourself isn't the easiest thing in the world. There are things you really don't want to admit and other things you would rather not share with the world but I had to remember that's what my blog is about: becoming beautifully human.