Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday: I couldn't WAIT for Friday because I'll admit, I'm a lazy son of a gun! I believe that sleep is the best thing in the world (besides eating and love) and I swear I can't get enough of it. I can sleep in on a weekend and still wake up feeling tired! But alas, I couldn't rest because there was a very important errand I had to run. Getting my eyeglasses! Wow! Wow! Wow! (sorta like Borat says it!) ... I can't believe what I've been missing! I can't see stuff far away (myopic) and on the drive back, I was reading every license plate, checking out every hot guy, reading road signs, looking at all the potholes and cracks much clearer, checking out more hot guys, actually braking for pedestrians ... and did I mention checking out all the guys?! I wish I had gotten glasses much sooner ... I also got some sunglasses so I can "window shop" guys.

Saturday: Was out the door early to get my lineup. I don't go to my barber as much anymore since I've got locks now but it's been such a quick minute since I've been, she (yes, I said she, women can cut hair!) hired some white dude. And just like in the movie Barbershop, he's got first chair. Dude was working on a head when I came in, and was still working on the same guy when I left. I'm thinking he won't last if he keeps moving at that pace. I was going to work out (it's been about two weeks since I've been to the gym) but I got lazy. I love running don't get me wrong but it's so very hard to get motivated lately. I know I'll never look like some of these skinny gay dudes running around here but I'd like to have some type of definition. Coming to work on the train today, caught a glimpse of my reflection on the windows and I've made a decision to get my fat butt motivated again and do the damn thang. Spent the rest of Saturday working on the piano Sonata in E minor (H.XVI No. 34, 1st movement). Yeah, by the way, my piano professor is trying to kill me! (more on that in another post).

Sunday: I was coming back from Dorchester (my bro and I work as custodians on the weekend) and wouldn't you believe I found my friend, Crazy, sitting on my front porch. He was the last person I expected to run into! He hung out most of the day and it was good to see him although I prefer it when people call me before they just drop in. He seems to be getting his life together and he's talking about going to college and a few other things. We had a small cookout (amidst all the grad. parties in our neighborhood) and he hung around for a while. I was a little pissed because I had planned to work on my 5 page paper (due on Tues.) so I lost a day. Well, that's what work is for! ha ha! I drove him back to South Station and as I was crossing the Zakim, there is this HUGE ass golden basketball trophy (for the NBA Finals - BEAT LA!) over the tunnel entrance which almost caused me and several other drivers to crash into each other. Quite distracting. Can you imagine telling the police, "yeah, I was too busy looking at the huge gold basketball and I didn't swerve in time"?

Today: Well, I'm tired as hell. Why? I'm a stubborn guy. First up, there were two HS grad parties on our street last night (along with a few others on nearby streets) and while I don't like using the n word it just about applies in this case. They had the music blasting till almost midnight and it wasn't like I could close my windows unless I wanted to sweat to death. Which is what I did even after these fools were gone. I probably should've got my AC out but like I said, I was too tired to go down and drag it up so I suffered all night. So I'm running on about 2 hours sleep. Yeah, and I get to write a 5 page paper! Ugh, Mondays suck! Only good thing I forsee this week, my bro's birthday, Alicia Keys concert, Chris Rock show and gay pride on Saturday! Maybe it'll get better and cooler! Stay out of the heat and if you're in the midwest, stay dry! Have a good week!

No comments: