Thursday, July 24, 2008

Review: My Man, My Boyz (Update)

I finished reading My Man, My Boyz and aside from a billion editing mistakes, it was an okay read. I'm a quick reader and finished the novel in less than a week (45 minutes a day). There was a major storyline that was intentionally left open and I'm curious to know "who-dun-it." So I guess I'll have to buy the sequel, whenever that will be released. Additionally, I think the main storylines were wrapped up a bit too perfectly. But overall, it was great first effort; I really can't complain, especially since I've never written a novel!


-----------------------------------------------

I'm currently reading E. Lynn Harris' new book, Just Too Good To Be True, and it’s a significant departure from his usual style. I like it so far, but then again, I'm biased. In my opinion, anything E. Lynn touches is just too good to be true!

2 comments:

Cash S. said...

I read My Man, My Boyz not too long ago. Overall I liked it. I do agree with you though that it was just too much of a coincidence how everything was tied together. Plus we didn't get a lot of background info on how everyone met and I swear I didn't even know what city or state the story was taking place in till halfway through the book. I don't even remember what the cliff hanger was, I'll have to go back and reread the end.

I haven't checked out E Lynn Harris' new book yet.

What else have you read?

K.C. said...

Hey Cash, check out the post titled "Review: My Man, My Boyz" - it lists all of my current black SGL novels I've read to date ...