Tuesday, July 29, 2008

To Boldy Go ...

Okay, I'm curious to know if any bloggers out in the blogosphere have something you enjoy (hobby, television show, activity, movie, drug, etc.) that you seldom disclose due to judgment or persecution by friends or family …

:: exhales ::

All right, I'll start. I'm a huge Star Trek fan and almost to the point where it borders on obsession. Initially I was introduced to Star Trek: The Next Generation and then turned to Deep Space Nine and Voyager. I don’t particularly care for the original series or Enterprise. I've watched every movie and even have old starship models and books I read regularly. I'm a walking encyclopedia when it comes to any and everything Trek-related. So there, I admitted it!

I don't typically reveal this to anyone because I get slapped with the label of nerd. I especially don't share that with potential dates until it gets significantly serious. I'm not embarrassed about it because I know everyone has an unusual enjoyment and I'm hardly in a judicial position. I say, "to each his own."

What's your guilty pleasure?

3 comments:

fuzzy said...

I really don't think I have one! I used to be a dedicated Sailor Moon watcher when I was younger! Nothing is really odd about me!

ShawnQt said...

LOL, I used to be a huge Star Trek Fan! I watched The Next Generation and Voyager mostly! Seven of Nine was my crush! so sexy! I pretty much know a lot about the show, but forgot most of it since I haven't seen it in years. Call me a nerd if u like, the show changed my life... made me more intelligent and tolerant about life.

Funny thing is, my mom got me into it!

I was also a big fan of 90210, and really excited about the new show coming out this fall.

DMT said...

Well one of my guilty pleasures is Japanese boy bands! (and Japanese guys in general! but you knew that already! HEHE). Another one is sitting at home and watching the Food Network whilst stuffing my face on a lazy day.